Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shoes: Five Finger

I did my first shoot with my Einstein yesterday. Not very complicated, but nice to get used to the setup and everything.

I photographed my Vibram Five Finger KSO shoes.

As usual, click to enlarge.


Black shoes on a black background. They are entirely backlit. Lucky for me, I had two BIG natural reflectors where I was shooting. I also added one up front.

The idea for the shoot was to have water pouring from all ten toes... but no matter how soaked they were, I couldn't get it to work. I put a bucket of water below them. My assistant would dunk them and then hold them up while I fired off three or four frames. Rinse and repeat.

Hopefully I'm going to get some portraits done in the next few days. I'm also shooting volleyball, soccer and football this weekend... busy busy busy.

Have a great Thursday!