Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday : RAW Music

It's Monday... which means I'm supposed to be blogging again.

For your viewing pleasure today: a couple frames from a shoot I did with Flagstaff band, The Contrast Medium.


These guys were a blast to shoot with. A real fun bunch of goofy musicians.

This was the first all-RAW shoot I've ever done... and I like the way it came out. I understand why people are so RAW-crazy: the postproduction was an absolute breeze. I could push or pull three full stops of light without any worry at all. If I picked up two 8gb 300x CF cards, I could shoot RAW all the time... but even on sale (through B&H) at $45 each, I can't bring myself to do it.

I shot a women's golf tournament this morning. Had a blast doing it. Went with Bryan Kinkade, my photo editor at The Lumberjack, and we hauled a$$ all over the course in our very own golf cart, making pictures. I got a few decent frames, but from what I saw on his LCD, his stuff is better. That's why he's the editor and I'm the low-life grunt-work photographer: as he said "even hungover, dehydrated, and running on 2 hours sleep, I get the shot."

I'll be running out shortly to do another shoot with the fantabulous Sarah Dresser. Will post photos tomorrow!