Friday, September 4, 2009

Golf

Part of my job is doing team photos and head shots during the beginning of each sport's season.

Today I did the NAU Women's Golf team. They were a pleasure to photograph, and the location was wonderful as well!

The shot I like best came courtesy of one of the golfers, who decided it would be fun to have all of them grab their bags and walk down the hill (and then back up).

All of the work I do for NAU (sports department and the newspaper) I use Adobe Bridge to edit. As I learn the ins and outs of it, I'm beginning to like it more and more. It is also really helpful to have one program for personal stuff (my Aperture 2 upgrade shipped today!) and one program for work stuff. One of my side projects for the near future will include tagging my images with keywords. I have about 45k photos in my Aperture library, so that will probably be a looooong and ongoing project

I'm currently planning some personal work and figuring out how to use it in the assignments for my (supremely boring) photo classes. The difficult part is that my personal stuff ends up being really different and often very dark, so using it for something like an environmental portrait (my first assignment) tends to be difficult. Good thing I like a challenge :-)