Monday, December 28, 2009

Flying

I know, it's been a while since my last post. Fortunately for me, this is my blog and I do what I want! ;-)

In all seriousness, I had an awesome day yesterday.

It started with a plane ride at noon with my buddy Sean, who recently got his pilots license. When I say recently, I mean I was his first (non-instructor) passenger. Sweet!

I got a few fun pictures from the morning:


The plane we rented: a 2002 Cessna (thats all the detail I remember)



Inside of the plane



Sean - Pilot Extraordinaire (my favorite shot)



Pretty mountains (through ugly haze)



More pretty mountains and a wing



Sharp turns. (shutter speed of 1/6400 to catch the prop)



Me and Sean


Overall, it was decidedly awesome. The weather didn't quite cooperate - the haze we were flying over/through really got in the way of taking decent pictures. The ones I did manage have had some serious adjustments to them to make them presentable, and I think that might even be a stretch. I am really happy with the picture of Sean though.

No idea what's on tap for me as far as photography in the near future. Today I plan to read and relax.
Have a fantastic Monday!