Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Film

Back to our regularly scheduled programming - that is to say - still photography.

Here are a few shots off my most recent roll of film. (Kodak T-MAX 3200 ISO B&W)












All were shot with available light on some seriously high speed film, most of them with a fixed 50mm lens. Contrast adjustments as well as some noise reduction in post-processing to make them a little more presentable.

I absolutely love shooting film. This particular roll was in my N80 camera for nearly a year, so getting it developed and looking through the scans was a real treat because I didn't remember most of what I photographed. Unfortunately, shooting film is also insanely expensive. The roll of film cost about $6, then another $22 for development, "archival" (4mb) scans to a CD and a set of 4x6 prints. I'll hopefully shoot another roll before the end of break.