Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jade




I did a photoshoot with the fantastic Jade Davies. She found herself in need of a senior portrait and I was oh-so-happy to oblige.

We got a couple really good shots:




She and I both LOVE black and white, but the one color photo in this series is too fantastic for me to pass up. One of the reasons I love it so much is that Jade wears glasses.... all the time. When she took them off, her eyes just sparkled. Photographing those eyes was a true privilege.
Jade is also (when she has a camera) a fantastic photographer. Some of her best work is her self-portraiture so I was honored that she let me photograph her (rather than doing it herself). Because I like her style so much, I decided to shoot (and process) a little outside of my usual realm of comfort to better match her style and vision. This explains the more-contrasty feel of these photos.

To come: I have no idea. I've given up predicting what i'll be posting here.