Monday, September 1, 2008

Mental Image



This image is one that I have had in my head to shoot basically ever since I saw the bars at the top of the staircase in my dorm.
After lunch today I asked my lovely model Amanda if she would care to do a quick shoot with me. I had no idea how quick it would be. This was the 4th or 5th shot I fired. Right on the money. We took another ten minutes and messed around with a few different poses, but this is the picture I like the most. Uncharacteristically, I shot it on standard PC rather than super-color-and-contrast-blowing mode.

Flash is stuck on the top bar with a cheapo clamp that came in a Nikon Flash Kit that I got at Mikes Camera in Boulder for $12.00 on clearance. (MSRP $89.99).

I am content. 
Happy labor day to all you working people!

-Matt