Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Famous Football

The image below is one I shot last night while doing a sports profile on the player. I am beginning to like  doing these sports profiles because they provide me with an opportunity to work on my action and portraiture in the same shoot. I spend the game or practice shooting action. Then after the event I approach the player, tell him or her that I am doing a quick piece and ask for 5 minutes of their time. I bust out a few portraits and we call it quits. I have yet to get even close to the 5 minutes. This was maybe the fourth shot I did, I got off the ground, shook hands with him and we were done.


SB600 is in my left hand, I am lying on the ground, focusing my 28mm manual focus lens with my pinkie finger while trying to keep my face from pushing the popup flash down.
Oddly, my SB600 seems to have quit doing a few things that I liked. For example, the ready light no longer lights up but I get a great flash every time. It no longer beeps when it is charged from the last pop. It seems to me that the flash does not realize it is ready, although it clearly is every time. Unfortunately I think it might be time for a new one... and I have only had this for 18 months.

More later,
-Matt