Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally, something I like.

Whilst shooting the Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra yesterday I made 167 images.
I like maybe 3 of them.
My favorite by far is not even what I would consider a good picture.



These two little girls were absolutely spellbound by the music. I don't think either of them blinked during the entire piece, they just soaked it all in.
A fountain of youth surrounded by a sea of older people. It was very refreshing to see that old people are not the only ones who can appreciate orchestral music.

As to the picture.. It is out of focus and blurry (handheld 1/15 sec at 200mm). I got a bunch of shots of the orchestra, the director and the visiting soloist performing like mad. Those were in focus, sharp and well lit (1/160 sec at 200mm) but this shot captures the mood of the performance and its effect on the audience. That is what is important to me.

Paper came out yesterday. I am still unpublished. It turns out that all the stories I shot that I thought were for the last issue have been moved to this one (we are on issue 5 now). So I could have as many as 3 or 4 shots run this week.

Keep it real!
-Matt