Thursday, February 3, 2011

ZaZa Gallery canvas

First off, up front, a full disclosure:

I discovered ZaZa through twitter, where they were advertising a promotion. In exchange for a 16x20 canvas of one of my own images, they asked that I place a link to their site (see the link list on the right) and that I write a review of the canvas that they sent me.

I sent Hugh an email and offered to participate. I had the image below blown up and printed 16x20.



This morning, my canvas arrived on my doorstep. In total, the turnaround was 8 days for them to print and ship my image. A little slower than I'd like, but then again, I didn't pay for it.

It arrived in a box.



Fairly well packaged - though I will point out that MPIX (the company I get my paper prints done with) does a much better job of packaging their material.





The canvas itself is gorgeous. The colors are perfect, the texture is amazing, and there must be a zillion staples holding it in place.




It now has a well-deserved place on my wall


For what it's worth, MPIX also offers gallery canvas wraps. Though a fair bit more expensive, their canvases show up ready to hang, and will also come with better packaging. To be fair, I don't think the packaging really matters all that much, especially since my print from ZaZa wasn't damaged in any way.

The moral of the story is: when I need canvas prints done in the future, I'll go to ZaZa. They reached out to the photography community and offered this opportunity. Their prints are less expensive, and they get the job done well. Communication was personal and practically instant whether via email or Twitter. I recommend ZaZa Gallery to anyone looking for great canvas prints of their images, and I'd still recommend them if I had paid for my print.