Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Truck in water

I shot these yesterday, out by Grand Falls at the river crossing. My buddy Ryan has a Tacoma that's buff enuff to do some mild to moderate offroading. I managed to convince him and our mutual friend Brenna to come out for an afternoon of romping in the dirt and the mud.

As usual, the pictures look better enlarged.





I also got a quick video clip - but my 18mm lens isn't quite wide enough to get the idea across..

----------------------------------





No doubt due to the influence of the Handsomest Hobo over at lanternCity Media - I have found myself craving a superwide lens fairly frequently over the last weeks. Instead of throwing down $600 for the Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye, I sacrificed $10 for the cheap 0.45x adapter that screws onto the front of any 52mm lens.


Mine will go on the 18-55mm kit lens that came with my D50 approximately a zillion years ago. This adapter will change my 18mm to about 8mm, which should get the job done! I'll be playing with it a lot on thevisualCollective trip.

Speaking of tvC - I'll spend tomorrow afternoon packing and cleaning my car - then we're off to the races for an evening get-together and then an early morning departure on Friday. I'll be TWEETING our progress @visCollective, and we will be live blogging and Vlogging at www.thevisualcollective.com