Friday, March 25, 2011

Forest shoot


This week in my Location Photography class, we watched a documentary about Helmut Newton. I was inspired by him and some of the work he has done, so I asked the supremely-talented model to bare it all and freeze in the middle of the forest. Miraculously, she accepted, and we made the following photographs.


 


I am extremely happy with how these came out - exactly like the vision I had for them. Miss Model is an absolute trooper - the temperature was about 40 degrees, and the wind gusted around 15 mph at times.

As time goes on, I find that I am able to more easily replicate the concept I have, which makes me very happy.

Setup: As usual, I used the Einstein up high with a 20 degree grid, powered by the Vagabond Mini. After 450 frames at half power, in the cold, the pack still reads 3/4 full. I can't recommend it enough!