Friday, January 14, 2011

My Camera Bag

It has been a while since I shared the contents of my camera bag with my loyal readers. A fair bit has changed, so here's what I got.



I use a LowePro CompuTrekker AW Plus II bag. It is easily the best bag I've ever had.

Starting at the top left corner and going down and around...

  • 18-55mm kit lens
  • Rain cover
  • 50mm f/1.8 lens w/ lens cloth
  • 28mm f/2.8 lens w/ lens cloth
  • SB 600 flash and Polorizing filter
  • Nikon D300s Body with grip
  • BlackRapid R-Strap. RS-5 It carries an extra D300 battery as well as all of my Lexar memory cards
  • On the camera is the 35mm f/1.8 lens.
Continuing right and upwards...
  • 2x PocketWizard Transievers
  • Portable USB HDD - Right now it's a 250gb Seagate. It will soon be a 500gb Seagate
  • 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II lens
  • A spare pair of socks. Gotta have 'em
  • Backup Camera Body is my Nikon D300 that recently had its shutter replaced to the tune of nearly $500
  • Spare D300 battery
  • A third PocketWizard Transiever


In the top pockets I have a notebook, zipties, and a bunch of spare Mini and Micro USB cables for HDDs/cameras/phones/ etc. I also carry a card reader, nail clippers, my old media pass and a flashlight. You never know.

When I'm traveling, I put a spare shirt and pants on top of everything and my laptop goes in the bottom. Fully loaded it's about 55 LBS.

I'm traveling back to Flagstaff tomorrow - I'll probably do a post about my new workflow when I get settled, along with whatever photos I take on the drive back.

See ya around...