Monday, August 30, 2010

My way or the Highway

My house in Flagstaff is right of Route 66 - a highway with fairly consistant traffic regardless of the hour.

Last week I grabbed my tripod and headed out around 9pm, well after the sun had set. I hoofed it around 6 miles to and from downtown, with stops all along the way to take photos.

This is the only somewhat decent shot I got


Flagstaff is covered with sunflowers. Route 66 is highly concentrated - whole plots of land have been taken over. This shot is lit entirely by the lights of passing cars. We had a bit of a breeze that evening, so there is some blur on the flowers. I think the blur adds to the picture, rather than taking away from it.

I start school today - I'm officially a Junior at Northern Arizona University where I study both Photography and Marketing.

Have a great Monday!