Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ivan the Terrible

My good friend Case sent me some photos of his dog Ivan the Terrible (IT for short).

I'm not sure who shot these photos, but Case sent them to me to "touch 'em up or do what you normally do with photos to make them awesomer"

Here is the original


Nothing hugely wrong with this photo to begin with - which is always good. I know too many people who don't even both looking through the camera, at least that's the way it seems. This is a decent shot to start with, so I know I won't be working too hard to improve it! My only complaints are the crop and the flat light.

Here's what I changed to make this photo "awesomer." Crop, contrast, exposure, sharpening, vignette, and a little retouching on the sand stuck in his fur. That gives you have the following photo that (I think) has much more POP and such, is much more lifelike.


If you're new here, you might not know I'm a total sucker for black and white. If you're a longtime reader, you know enough to expect me to at least try black and white, even though I love Ivan's gorgeous blue eyes.


I'm happy with both photos. I hope Case is too!

Is there anything you would have done differently? Let me know in the comments! Remember my Comment of the Month contest is going through the end of August! All you have to do is leave a comment below and you're automatically entered to win free stuff!