Monday, August 9, 2010

Lauren's senior photo

Had a great shoot with Lauren about a week ago. My first time with train tracks - we had a blast!


Obviously she can't use this as her senior photo - its horizontal. Still, it's definitely my favorite from the series! Working with all natural light has been a really refreshing experience this Summer. I spent all my spare time in Flagstaff learning how to use big strobes. Now I'm going back to my roots, so to speak, and rediscovering the beauty of good natural light.

You know me - I couldn't resist seeing it in black and white.



If I was smart, I would have rotated the camera and captured this same pose in a vertical. I got a few that were *close* but none that were close enough. Oh well!


This is the shot she chose to put in the yearbook as her official senior photo. I like the train tracks better, but I guess that's just me!


Doing more and more senior photos as I bring my vacation in Boulder to a close and get ready to head back to Flagstaff.