Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year - Welcome to 2010

Here I sit, listening to the AVATAR soundtrack, pondering about what the coming year will hold for me. My guess is it will be a bunch more of pretty much the same stuff as the last year. College, photography, learning, playing and experimenting.

I've never been one for new years resolutions... though I am quite proud of all the companies that are gearing their advertisements towards those who do. I watched commercials by Honey Nut Cheerios and Slim Fast last night that were aimed solely at people who are making new years resolutions to lose weight.

If I were to make new years resolutions, they would all be photography-related. What I really want to do is focus on keeping photography fun. When I left Flagstaff at the end of the fall semester, I was seriously burned out because I wasn't having fun with photography any more. I think I need to loosen up and spend a quarter of every sporting event messing around, experimenting and having fun. If I can do that, I'll be happier, my photographs will be better and life will generally be better.

At least, I hope so.

Anyway, I spent some time yesterday looking through all my photos fro the last year. I put together a compilation of my favorite 101 photographs from 2009. They can be found (just like every decent picture i've taken since 2005) on www.mattbeaty.net





May you never waiver in your resolutions and may your photographs be awesome!