Friday, November 27, 2009

Nerf Weaponry

I admit, I haven't been shooting much recently.
I don't mind, I've been busy thinking about thanksgiving, eating thanksgiving food, sleeping off my thanksgiving food, and eating some more.

This morning, I spent the obligatory 1.5 hours in the 20 degree pre-dawn hours waiting in line for the beginning of Black Friday shopping.

What did I buy, you ask?

I thought about the $60 500gb portable hard drive... but I'm hoping to get that for christmas.

No, I bought this:


The Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6

You're darn tootin'.

I've actually started a bit of a collection of plastic-dart-firing weaponry, though admittedly not all of it is made by Nerf. The competition has a double-barreled shotgun (which I turned into a sawed-off shotgun), and a few other super-nifty guns.

I thought about buying the fully-automatic VULCAN, which fires 25 rounds in a matter of seconds and runs off 6 D batteries... but I'd end up paying as much in batteries as I would for the gun. Perhaps another day.

Today's ridiculous purchase came about after watching THIS movie on youtube. Easily the most awesome day in the office ever! (Sidenote: since when have there been ads before popular videos on youtube?)

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time today putting this sniper-rifle-turned-toy through its paces. Supposedly it shoots with some accuracy to 35'.


Have a great Black Friday!