Monday, November 23, 2009

ISO 2000 portrait

I can honestly say I had never done a portrait at ISO 2000 before yesterday.

I may have to do a few more, because I really like how it turned out.



Very minimal post-production on this one. Just sharpening, contrast and custom monochrome (I brought the blues way down so his jersey would be darker).

I felt really awkward, standing less than 6 feet from this guy with my 80-200 pointed square at his face. We both knew I was taking his picture instead of focusing on the game like I was supposed to... and I wrestled with myself for 15 minutes before taking the picture. I finally made myself turn around, point the lens at him and fire. He looked at me (awkwardly) for the first couple frames, and then apparently lost interest in the goofy-lookin'-photographer and watched the game.