Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Darkroom fun

I developed my first roll of film today, start to end.
It did not turn out.
I believe I botched mixing the film developer, because the whole roll turned out much too thin to print from.
In high school, the chemicals were mixed for us and the only way to mess up was to use the wrong chemical or not pay attention to developing times. It turns out playing with chemicals and doing the simple very complicated math to dilute the various concentrates is too much for me. Ah well. Luckily, I had film from previous shoots and was able to complete the assignment without further hiccups. Of course, I then left my photo-paper and chemicals in the dark room and did not realise it until the lab closed. I guess it was just one of those days.
I officially prefer digital to film though.
It is cheaper, faster, and easier. What is not to love?

Speaking of love, I am expecting a call from Mike's Camera any minute to tell me that I owe them $372.95, and that my camera secret lover will be on its way shortly.

Peace!