Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Camera update/ hating on Mike's Camera

Holy Cow.

It has now been 41 days since I dropped off my D300 at Mike's Camera in Boulder.

I still do not know where it is or if it has been repaired. I definitely do not have it in my hot little hands as was advertised to me by the Repairs guy at Mike's. I expected to have it back by Feb. 16th.

UPDATE: turns out the repair place in El Segundo (or something like that) misplaced the order for the repair, so the Mike's Camera guy had to call and re-order the repair with the rush. It is "an extensive repair" and will still take "a while." Dammit.

I will never send my gear through a shop again, let alone Mike's Camera. Nikon Repairs advertises a 7 - 10 day turnaround, so I would expect 2 weeks.

2 months is absolutely unacceptable, and I will be letting Mike's know this upon receipt of my camera.