Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Continual advertising hate

It turns out I am not the only one who dislikes the way the journalism system is working these days. TIME magazine put out a couple articles recently about the "Crisis in journalism."

I'm going to talk to the ad people and the website people on The Lumberjack sometime and see if we can't throw some advertising on our website... make some money off the website, rather than giving our work away for free.

I haven't been on the shutter much recently, but here's a photo anyway.


Shot for The Lumberjack (though it never ran). This is my favorite shot from the concert. I was in the pit for the first 4 songs and it was great! Unfortunately, the smoke-emitting object in his hand is a marijuana joint... so the paper wouldn't use it.

The shot they wanted to use was:
But alas, it was not to be. Regardless, it was a great concert and definitely produced my best concert shots yet!