Thursday, July 31, 2008

Watersports

Yeah, it took a little photoshop. Sue me ;-)
Even at f2.8 I was not getting the background blur I wanted.... so my buddy Photoshop came in handy once again. I still think it would look poster-size.
Tech: D300 with the 80-200mm f2.8. 1/2000 sec at ISO 400. PC set contrast +2 and saturation at 0.



This shot, taken not long after the first, is sean in an epic fall. Right before he let go of the rope.
You can see his hands on the rope, his arms, and you can almost see his face behind the wall of water. Ouch!

Tech: D300 80-200mm f2.8. ISO 100, 1/200 sec (I had just been using my flash). Contrast set +2, saturation at 0. 

The 80-200mm is a BEAST! Hand-holding it while shooting these shots was not a big deal in terms of blur, since my shutter speed was really high, but it was actually hard to aim! Holding the lens and aiming it at my subject was actually diffucult while sitting in the boat, steadied against the side because the rig is just so humongous. I suppose it is good for me, build up those arm and core muscles ;-)

More later, maybe even some pictures from Boulder :-)

-Matt