Monday, July 7, 2008

Picture of the week













The Ride:

I shot this image yesterday evening while doing a shoot with a friend's dad. "I spent 5 hours cleaning and polishing this bike," he told me. It is clearly something he is very proud of, so I spent the first 10 minutes of my shoot on the bike. 

Tech details: D300 at Vivid PC. contrast and saturation both at +2. ISO 400, F5. My SB600 is camera left about 6 feet from the bike, zoomed to 50mm. I should have dropped my ISO and stopped up a little in order to get a narrower depth of field. As it is I had to use photoshop (normally a sin for me) to give the background a 7 or 9 pixel gaussien blur to get rid of the detail in building and trees in the background.

I am really (maybe too) proud of this picture... and I'm contemplating sending it out to Kawasaki. 

Oh, another new feature of this blog: you can post comments! If you have something to say  feel free :-) (but know that I do have the power to delete it)