Monday, July 28, 2008

More pictures

I think I have enough decent pictures from my trip to post two at a time.



















This shot, of the underside of the canoe is appealing to me for the pattern, the colors (notice the reflection of the sunset in the bottom right corner) and the very abstract feeling. A lot of the pictures I take involve people, so taking pictures of inanimate objects is something of a fun  challenge for me.
Tech: D300 with vivid PC contrast and saturation both boosted +2. Nikon 28mm f2.8. 1/6 sec handheld at ISO 400

Picture number two:


My little brother sitting on the end of the dock watching the sun set. I really enjoyed including this dock in my pictures because I don't have one at home! It appears to me that my focus was a little off (again), but I was manually focusing my 80-200 without my glasses which is really asking for trouble. I really should have brought a tripod on this trip... somehow none made it into the truck.

On a totally unrelated note, I am contemplating buying a light stand and shoot-through umbrella... my only concern is: precisely how much spending money do I really need in college? Sadly I don't think I can guess this one. I'm probably going to have to put all purchases of $50 or more on hold until I have been in school for a couple of weeks.

More pictures tomorrow.
-Matt