Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Microsoft Surface

The ultimate rip off of Apple.

That's what I think of the Microsoft Surface.

Sure, they engineered this product "from the inside out" with all kinds of custom parts and stuff... but really they're just re-designing the iPad to work with Windows and the rest of the Microsoft world of products.

Important things they ripped off Apple:
Magnetic clipping cover
All-one-piece body (magnesium vs aluminum)
Super-thin design
The entire announcement campaign, from the closely kept secret to the entire presentation.
Windows Store - cummon guys, really?

Basically, the whole thing reeks of "Damn, I can't believe Apple did that, we should do one too."

As it happens, I'm no the only one who thinks that. 30 seconds after my initial tweet about it, I got a couple responses like this:


Don't just take my word for it. Form your own opinion. Watch the video below if you haven't already.