Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Successful film shooting

Hello there.

I have officially successfully shot a roll of 800 speed color film. I got 2 stories on it, and a few personal shots.

This is my personal favorite off the roll. I boosted the saturation a little in Aperture, but other than that the image is as captured.

Of course, Target refuses to scan images at a decent quality (300k per file? really? really target?!) so I am forced to take my negs to the photo lab on campus and scan them at REAL resolution. This is a pain in the ass, but life happens, I suppose. I don't have a freaking clue why they don't just scan at higher resolution. I can get humongous scans from Costco or Sams Club, and they do it for cheaper than Walgreens or Target. It isn't like it costs Target ANYTHING to make the files bigger, because regardless of the filesize, all 24 (or even 36) of my images will fit on a CD just dandy.

I could go to a "real" photo lab and have the images processed in the same machine for 3x the price. Of course, for that extra $$$ I would also get a 10x increase in file size. But, not owning a vehicle, it would take me a lot longer to get down to any real photo labs in Flagstaff.


This is the second shot recently that involves chalk writing. I like the look I am getting with these and will likely continue to search for interesting things written on my surroundings. This was originally captured on color film. I pulled it into photoshop and did some work on it to get it here.