Sunday, April 1, 2012

Off-roading: Xterra

My favorite kind of automotive photography is the kind where you get dirty. Your camera is covered in mud/dust and you're hiking through mud and sand and up and down hills that the trucks can barely climb.

That's how I spent Saturday afternoon. After shooting Preston's FJ on Friday out in the same area, I knew the consistency of the mud would be pretty close to perfect. Vince agreed to bring out his vehicle to get it dirty and get a few pictures done.

This is how the Xterra started off:

It was originally blue...


 
  


Preston, shooting me shooting the underside of the Xterra

   
My favorite frame of the day


3-wheelin' it!

Digging holes in the sand.

Overall a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. I look forward to hitting the trails with Vince and Preston sometime soon... hopefully round two will involve some time crawling in Sedona.