Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sea Level Sucks

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a Flagstaff startup company called Sea Level Sucks. They're launching a clothing line dedicated to living life at 7,000 feet and higher-than-sea-level in general.


The owners, Martina and Dan, are two super awesome people. They've decided to keep all their business local in Flagstaff, and they found me via the Google. Yeah. The Google. Cuz I can.

Sunday was our photoshoot day, and everything went as smooth as you could ask for. My crew showed up on time and worked hard all day. The client showed up on time and ALSO worked hard all day. The images came out, none of them got lost or deleted, and the client is happy as can be. This being my first moderately large commercial shoot - I'm both surprised and supremely pleased that it all came together without any difficulties.

Step 1 was working logistics. Taylor Mahoney was my first assistant and did a fabulous job wrangling gear, client, shirts, and my other two assistants all day. 
Taylor's self portrait
Breakfast and lunch were catered by Steel City Deli and Grill. Can't beat that. The client pre-ironed all the shirts, so all we had to do was toss them on the model, frame it up, wrangle the creases and shoot.

Step 2 was setup. Preston Traucht of Highline Photography helped out Taylor and Jon while I set up the tethering system and schmoozed the client, who showed up just a little early.
Preston helping me get the light right
Jon Matthies of Jon Matthies Photography making sure we color correct correctly.

Step 3: SHOOT!


We did the front and back of each shirt on a model, then the front and back of each shirt in detail for the website. Also: hats.



Crew

Crew and Client

Sea Level Sucks will start taking orders online soon - but if you can't wait, go to their site now and give them your email address so that when they do launch, you get a coupon for discounted product!

Yours truly...