Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mediocre Photoz

Yesterday I went on a hike. I brought my camera - but before I even strapped it to my body, I released myself from my own internal pressure. I told myself there "Today, I shall take pictures because that's what I love to do. It doesn't matter if they suck."

And so I did.

Yes. Most of them suck.








Maybe they don't suck - but they surely aren't anything special. Not original. Not necessarily well exposed. I shot in JPG *gasp* all day. As a matter of fact, I shot in B&W JPG all day. No way to get color out of these - they were converted before they even made it to the memory card.

Breaking the rules felt good. So did releasing myself from the constant internal monologue that rants "You HAVE to take amazing pictures! Every shutter press MUST be amazing!"

BS on that, I say.

Take some time with your camera and take some pictures of random stuff that catches your eye. anything. everything. whatever you want. Don't worry about getting gallery-ready images right off the bat. Just enjoy it once in a while!