Monday, June 21, 2010

VACATION!

Hey there.

I'm on vacation in LaGrange, IN - wakeboarding, swimming, jet-skiing and generally enjoying life sans-technology.

 My buddy Kitt, hanging at our place on Oliver Lake in 2006

Don't worry, I have my camera. I actually have two.

While I packed, I had a decision to make. To bring, or not to bring my computer.

I've got about 16gb in CF cards... which I'm confident I could fill over the course of a week of fun in the sun. At the same time, I don't want to be distracted by Facebook and the other modern conveniences that I'm trying to avoid out here.

As such, I chose not to bring my computer. I'm going to fill my CF cards, and then spend a few days in Boulder doing a whole bunch of editing. This way, I can enjoy photography for the sake of photography - at least until I return to reality.

I figure if I fill all my memory cards, I'll just start shooting film... though it might be less expensive for me to just buy more cards. Hmmmm...

If you'd like to get a general idea about what I'm up to, click your way through my past Indiana trips at www.mattbeaty.net - Here, I'll even provide some links for you.

2009
2008
2007
2006

That's what I'm up to this week.

If you behave, and eat your vegetables, I just might do a blog post with some of the highlights from my trip.

Have a great week!