Sunday, June 6, 2010

Self

I haven't done a self portrait in some time. Not one worth looking at anyway. Not one that was any different from all the other iSight pictures everybody posts on Facebook.

Yesterday though, I took the opportunity to do just that.


Inspired by the shower sequence in the movie "I, Robot" where Will Smith can be seen in a similar position, except you get to see a bit *ahem* more of him than you see of me. I'm fine with that, and I'm guessing you are too.

Fairly simple setup. My bare SB600 is on a tripod close the the ceiling in the back of the shower (away from the water) bouncing light in my general direction. I would have preferred to do this with a set of AB800 strobes, but I've got to wait a few weeks before I amass enough cash to purchase them. I expect I'll have a simple set by the middle of July.

When was the last time you did a self portrait that was even a little out of the ordinary? Give it a try! I expect you'll like the results.