Monday, May 31, 2010

Old School Challenge: results!

Scott Kelby of NAPP challenged the photo world to shoot 24 or 36 frames old-school style; no chimping on the LCD.

I accepted *part* of his challenge - I shot my 24 frames just like I would have if I was shooting film. Manual focus, manual exposure, no chimping. I did not, however, have a print made from Mpix - they're not cheap and I have better uses for my limited funds. Don't get me wrong, I've had orders for clients done by Mpix and they rock.

Anyway, here are my picks.

Bertie


Sean


Front yard


Sparklers

Overall I very much enjoyed the challenge! 

With any luck I'll have a self-portrait up sometime this week. Not sure when - I have to wait for my muse to strike. Sometime before Sunday though.

Unless something terribly interesting comes along, I probably will not be posting regularly during the week. I hope you had a great Memorial Day!