Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eskimo girl

I love hoods with fur. I had one myself until I took the fur off and managed to lose it.

Anyway. Janelle is the liaison between the photo department and the A&E section on The Lumberjack. My boss did a portrait of her, then the other section photo editor did as well. Not to be left out, I asked her to model for me.







Again, this shoot was hastily planned. I decided on the look that I wanted around midnight. She agreed to model for me the next morning. I showed up to find out the studios weren't open (surprise surprise) so I set up shop against a blank wall. Shot tethered to my macbook pro, using my trusty pizza box softbox as my only light.

I'm happy with them, though as far as competition is concerned it wasn't really fair to either Jenn or Chad, who both used only available light.

I'm also getting back into the habit of putting borders around my final photos. I stopped for a while and as long as I can remember to do it, my photos will have borders from here on out.

I'm off to coffee and hopefully to plan another shoot before class!