Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A little investigative photojournalism...

Yesterday was a long day. I managed to end up with a fun photoshoot (photos to come), some pizza, hanging out out with my buddies and smoking hookah. Somewhere in there I was driving through downtown Flagstaff when a cop came hurtling past me, easily doing 75mph on Milton, where us mere mortals travel at 35mph. The cop slid into the Chevron gas station at the corner of Milton and Route 66, where he joined two of his comrades who were already on scene. Shortly thereafter he was joined by an Ambulance and Flagstaff Fire Department in Engine 1.
I was on a mission to drop off my model after our shoot, so instead of grabbing my camera (as I should have done) and stopped right there, I continued merrily on my way.

On my way home however, I stopped to see what was going on.


 Flagstaff Fire Department's Engine 1 preparing to leave the Chevron gas station at the corner of Milton and Route 66


As I pulled up, the ambulance was leaving carrying a Native American gentleman who had been on the receiving end of a few stab wounds just moments earlier.

According to "Jay," an EMT studen at NAU who at the Chevron, the man stumbled several blocks from where he was stabbed to the gas station, where he entered bleeding from several apparent knife wounds. Jay called 911 and the victim was taken non-emergent from the gas station to the hospital. His condition is currently unknown.

The ambulance on its way to Flagstaff Medical Center, carrying the victim of multiple knife wounds.

After talking to Jay, I hopped back in my car with every intention of going home, but on the way saw three police vehicles stopped (light's flashing) down on Riordan rd.

I stopped to take a look and discovered two suspects in cuffs and an overturned shopping cart, its (alcoholic) contents spilled all over the sidewalk.

Flagstaff Police Officers arresting two suspects near where the fight may have taken place, approximately three blocks from the Chevron where the victim was discovered.

The Police removed the two suspects around 12:20am. I was tired, didn't have my press pass, and didn't feel like dealing with the police, so I went home.

That's what I got for today. Remember: I'm not a journalist. I don't have three sources (I have one, but he didn't want to give me his last name, or be in any pictures).

(STILL no spellcheck. Come on Blogger!)