Monday, August 24, 2009

More free pictures!

Motivated by Zack Arias' post [link], I am going to put out my offer for free portrait sessions again.

This time instead of 5 I'm giving away up to 3 portrait sessions + CDs, to people local in Flagstaff, AZ.

Here's the post I stuck on Craigslist:

Hey there.

During the month of September, I will be giving away up to 3 professional portrait sessions, and a CD of the resulting high-res images.
That's right, absolutely free. No strings attached. You get your pictures, and you can do whatever you want with them.

"What's the catch? There's no such thing as a free lunch...."
You need to write me an email, telling me why YOU deserve a free portrait session. Tell me about your family, about what you do for a living, about how much you love photography, whatever. Convince me to give you one of these sessions however you think will work.
To let you know this isn't a scam and I really do intend on giving these sessions away, I will reply to your email letting you know I have received your plea. At the end of September I will send emails to the winners notifying them, and we will negotiate doing our photoshoot sometime in early October.

"Why are you doing this?"
Because I can and I want to help people out. I've been shooting for 5 years, running a business for 4. The economy sucks and nobody wants to pay through the nose for pictures. My goal is to help people however I can. Right now, my photography skills and my time are pretty much all I have to offer, so that's what I offer. You can use your pictures for your business cards, on a business website, on a networking site like Facebook... However you please. This is my little way of making the world better, just the tiniest bit.

Send me an email telling me why you deserve a free portrait session. You've got nothing to lose except the time it takes you to write the email.

"Where can I see examples of your photography?"
Thanks for asking! You can see my work at www.vaultphotos.com. I believe in choosing a photographer based on their particular style, so if you like how I take pictures, drop me a line!


We'll see if I get any bites....
Here's a totally random picture for you.
Taken on the lake in Indiana on a particularly foggy morning.