Thursday, July 10, 2014

rediscovery: assignment two (redo)

Yesterdays assignment proved to be a little difficult. Today I was primed to shoot - yesterday having warmed up the right parts of my brain or something - and was raring to go at 5:30, plenty of time before sunrise to find a good subject and a good spot to shoot.

From 5:30 to 6:05 I shot over 200 frames, making my goal with time and sunlight to spare. Afterwards, I found myself just sitting, watching the world come to life around me, listening to the birds chirping and the watching the mist rise off the creek next to the house. It was a very peaceful way to start the morning. Probably helped that I knew I had at least ONE good image in the can, so to speak.

Todays images were FAR better than yesterday's:





probably going to triptych these three.






My favorite from the morning




Here's a contact of the whole take.