Monday, January 28, 2013

On taking your own advice...



You know what sucks? Taking your own advice.

I know that we all have creative slumps and that it's part of the cycle, but sometimes recognizing that slump and telling yourself to chill out can be a difficult process.

I've been shooting a lot of landscapes recently. They all start as suck-tastic, color, images that I'm not happy with. I see the picture I want in my head and the image I see on the LCD looks nothing like it. Suck-tastic.
Then, I get them on a computer and play around in Camera Raw... and I realize that maybe I don't hate them after all.
That's not to say they are any good - but I am (generally speaking) satisfied with my ability to take the image in my head and put it on a computer screen in front of me. That ability to be satisfied with what you are creating might be overrated, but it sure helps once in a while.


Actually 3 different images...

My first time using a tripod in a long time...