Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Barrett Jackson 2013

My first ever Barrett Jackson!

A seriously great time with Kristen, who not only appreciates cars, but enjoys photographing them, spending the day outside with a zillion other people and even knows a bit about cars herself!

Didn't get a whole lot that I'm happy with, but got a few here and there.

Inside stuff...




professional drivers ripping around the track

kristen being awesome


Mostly the stuff indoors was hard to capture. Lots of people standing around, sodium vapor lights, gnarly reflections, vendors, etc. This was my first day with the Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8, which I will eventually do a bit of a review on. I'm still getting used to the quirks and limitations of this particular lens, but so far I very much enjoy it.

Eventually I may post an outtake or two from my recent attempt at snowboarding/skiing photography... but that is a post for another time.