Monday, December 17, 2012

Land Rover Series

Land Rover finally announced the winners of the photo contest on 500px that ran from October through November 12.

I didn't win - though that wasn't necessarily the goal. Sure, a $10k contract and a $2k stipend would be great, but there was more to this series for me than winning.

Finally getting into a project that I enjoyed and that inspired me was the real point. I spent four years shooting events and sports.  Vehicles represent an ability to escape, to adventure, to experience new things. Specifically, off-road vehicles. The following series was a lot of fun to shoot and it inspired me to get off my ass (for once) and pursue a photographic goal.

Here are my images from this series:








And here is one of the images that won.


I got no problem losing to a photograph like that.