Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Comment of the Month: No more

Ok. I guess I should have realized this a while back - the same people are commenting on my blog all the time. Aside from Simon Hucko, the regular contributors are my family, and that's about it. I know I have about 35 regular readers - but so few people comment that the contest isn't really worth it anymore.

To be fair, I haven't written anything controversial or outlandish recently. I know that posts like that are a great way to get lots of page views and comments. What can I say? I guess I haven't been feeling very out-there recently.

Instead of running a contest, I think I'm going to start featuring artists whose work I admire. Once a month I'll pick some creative person and feature a few of their chosen works.

Maybe I'll decide to give out free stuff to these artists. Maybe I'll continue being broke (like them) so I won't be able to.

I'd ask you all to comment and let me know what you think - but I don't think you will, except Simon, who is awesome.

Anyway. I have an idea about the artist I want to feature. I'll get in contact with that person and will hopefully have something to show you in a week or two.

I didn't get the chance to shoot any personal work over the weekend, and I don't anticipate doing much this week either. We're rocking our way towards the end of the second round of exams, which means I've actually been in class, and studying once in a while. One of these days I'm going to have to kick my portraits into high gear - I still have 28 shoots to go before I'm finished with the semester.

Have a lovely Tuesday!