Monday, March 22, 2010

35mm

I shot most of this roll during my trip down to Glendale. As such the subject matter is mostly Dahlia. I'm sure you all are getting sick of seeing her, but I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to it!

My cheap Tamron 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens is what lives on my film camera. I don't know where its lens cap is so I keep the lens hood on all the time. It is a remarkably sharp lens considering all it as been through. The film was 400 ISO, C-41 process B&W. I got it developed and scanned at 3mb/photo at Sams Club. Took less than an hour and I'm very happy with the results.

Candid

Fly - the family dog

Posed

Jade - sometime in January

I generally end up doing just as much post production to my film as I do to my digital stuff. Lots of contrast and exposure adjustments just like I would do in the darkroom. 
I say this every time I finish a roll of film, but I'm going to try to shoot more film. I've still got a couple rolls hanging around in my bag, so I'll get to work on that.

Have a lovely Monday! I'm back in school starting today - gotta buckle down to finish this semester off right!