Sunday, May 31, 2009

Unusual Self Portait

I always see pictures of people who are happy, or sad, or contemplative... but you never see pictures of people who are just plain pissed off.
I know Chase Jarvis did a shoot with a pissed off chick pointing a gun at a dude... but I can't find the vid or any of the shots on his blog (but I KNOW he did it!) so I can't give you a link.

I decided to be pissed for a change, just to see what it looks like.
And I like the way it turned out. This is a side of me that very few people have ever seen (most of them are family members). Now you, my faithful readers, know what I look like when I'm pissed.

Tech stuff: I used a really fun light modifier to do this. It's a Tupperware container lined with paper, with a square hole cut in the back for my SB600.
It diffuses light exactly the same in all directions, so it doesn't matter which way it is pointing. Rather useful for when I start lighting rooms and/or group shots.