Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blog Lite

I know, I haven't been writing much here. I haven't been shooting much either and unfortunately, this blog is dependant on how much I shoot.

Rather than pointing you to one of my own photographs, I will instead point you to The Statue of Liberty.

NY Times Photographer Fred. R. Conrad managed to get into the crown of the statue, and he shot a 360 degree full panorama. If you've always wanted to get up there but haven't been able to, for whatever reason, here's the general idea of what it is like to be inside Liberty's head.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/05/20/nyregion/20090520-liberty-pano.html

He did it with a Canon 5D and a 15mm Fisheye. 11 exposures total, all stitched and merged in PS to get rid of the tripod and the photographer's legs.

I have several projects that are itching to be shot... I just have to get out, get models, and actually shoot them. More later!