Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday, again!

Well, it is thursday again! The paper will roll out today and I won't have a single shot in it.
-I stand corrected. An old band-profile shot ran in the A&E section-
Since I stopped getting paid the $10 per picture (in favor of a $500 tuition waiver for being an editor) I have not been nearly as motivated to shoot. Sure, it's only $10, but it is still incentive to shoot, and shoot good stuff. I would prefer the $10 per picture AND the tuition waiver... but I don't think that's gonna happen.
On the bright side, I'm going to shoot a huge pillow fight on Saturday somewhere in Flagstaff. That should be quite interesting. There are also a bunch of diversity events coming up in the next two weeks that should be entertaining, if not photographically dynamic.

Here's a fun shot I did yesterday. Got the concept down on digital, shot it again on BW film.
The assignment was to use a mirror or mirrors to shoot a portrait of someone. I stole this idea from Joe McNally's cover of The Moment it Clicks, though his is undeniably better.
I dropped the ambient exposure 1.3 stops and had the model hold my awesome flashlight (with a paper diffuser) with her other hand. Cha Ching!