Monday, October 29, 2012

What to do When you Suck

Sometimes you don't do well. Sometimes you can't get the gear to cooperate. Sometimes you struggle in post production. It happens!

The thing to do, is not worry about it.

I'm not particularly happy with my take from this year's Havasupai trip. But you know what? I had fun shooting, I enjoyed myself, and I expressed myself as a creative individual. That act of creation is what is most important. Even if I never sell any of these pictures, even if not even one person "likes" them on Facebook. I have created something original and enjoyed the process.

So I'm not going to worry about it.


So remember, on the days when you suck and nothings comes together the way you had hoped - it's OK. Do your thing. Shoot what you love and enjoy it. The rest doesn't matter.