Friday, July 20, 2012

Colorado Shootings

This blog is more than a place for me to rant about my photography. It's also a place for me to note significant events in my life.

Even though I'm 800 miles away, safely in Arizona - the Aurora shootings at The Dark Knight Rises hit me hard. As far as I know, none of my friends were at that theater - but I have been in the past and that is some serious shit.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-20/shooting-movie-theater-denver/56351098/1

People like that have no right to exist and to breathe the same air that decent people enjoy.

I'm a proud gun owner in a state that is proud of its second amendment rights. I spent yesterday evening doing handgun training drills to prepare myself for an event just such as this one. You can bet your ass I carry into movie theaters, as well as everywhere else that I go, both in Arizona and Colorado - and any other state where I can legally carry my weapon.

Arizona has had our fair share of crazies too. Jared Lee Loughner just a couple years ago went on a similar shooting spree in broad daylight - though he was stopped far sooner by responsible citizens, many of whom were also carrying guns.

Be prepared.