Monday, December 27, 2010

Army Girls

It's been a while since I was in highschool, but a fair few of my friends and acquaintances have joined the army since then.

I try to be fairly open about my views on the military. I don't like that we fight wars and I tend to lean toward pacifism - but I wholeheartedly support the men and women who fight to make it happen. It is because of what they do that you and I can live in comfort and safety, especially compared to the rest of the world. I can't really get a handle on the sacrifices that they make, but I understand that I will never have to make those kinds of sacrifices. I have an immense amount of respect for these people. As such, I do whatever I can to help out anyone in the armed forces.

Tasha and Louise expressed interested in getting some portraits done. I enthusiastically agreed.

Tasha






Louise





Tasha and Louise






I photographed each of them in civilian clothes and in a more relaxed position first. Then they dressed up and we did a more strict, upright, military picture.

I love the way the individual shots came out, though I don't like the group shots nearly as much. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd choose the top photo of Tasha on lying on the couch.

I'm in the market for more military personnel for the same genre of photoshoot. One shot civilian, one shot military. Anyone interested in modeling?

Thank you to Tasha and Louise, and to everyone fighting to make this country safe for wimps like me. If there is ever anything I can do, please let me know. I'm here for you.