Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holiday revelations

I had a wonderful Christmas! Got some new toys to play with and figured out an issue with an old toy. I wrote a while back that my D300 was having battery issues. I would charge my AA batteries all night and get just a few hundred frames with them before the camera told me the batteries were dead, switching to the internal. Not cool. After analyzing my AA's, I decided that the batteries couldn't be the problem. I did some googling and it turns out that the D300 has issues with batteries making contact with the camera. Both on the internal and the grip. So, I pushed real hard on my battery magazine (for lack of a better word) and voila! I go from a half-dead internal battery to a totally full grip. Cha Ching! Now I just have to figure out how to make it stay like that.

I spent much of this holiday season taking family photos, which has been a rewarding experience. All four of the families I photographed so far turned out fairly well, and I still have a couple shoots to go.

Hope all is well with you, my faithful readers.