Monday, October 6, 2008

A Challenge

First off, from my morning blog readings, I give you this link to Joe McNally's "Da Grip" camera holding technique.

After I woke up from my nap Saturday afternoon, I decided to make use of the sunlight that comes shooting into my room from the humongous window on the west wall. It had been a while since I used only available light to do a portrait and I was looking for another challenge (because the Grand Canyon just wasn't enough, I guess).

I asked one of my friend-models to come over and help me out. She is rather famous for her lack of innocence, so to keep her interested I asked her to try to portray innocence.
I don't think we quite got there, but some of the images were close.


In color, I had to push the camera into a much warmer WB than it thought was correct. This was probably the second time I have ever had to correct the D300 on White Balance.


Without all the color, I got something that I would describe more as longing than innocence, but still a decent picture. I think the right side of the image feels a little flat, but other than that I am pleased with it.

Watch tomorrow for another adventure post!
-Matt